Re: Can anyone explain this huge increase in logical I./O....?

From: <mccmx_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 24 Oct 2006 00:10:18 -0700

> I suspect that either there is an update process you are unaware of or
> else the blocks are dirty and delayed block cleanout is taking place.

Its a possibility. I will investigate whether there was any other update activity going on during that period.

Would 'delayed block cleanout' exhibit this behaviour..? i.e. drastically increase the number of block visits..?

> A trace with wait events enabled might also allow you to more
> positively identify the true cause of the problem.

The tkprof section I posted was generated from a 10046 level 8 trace file. So I have all the waits for the session already. But I'm more concerned with the logical I.O count rather than the wait events.

Matt Received on Tue Oct 24 2006 - 02:10:18 CDT