Re: Problem with linked Server

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 23 Oct 2006 13:48:52 -0700

On Oct 23, 9:34 am, "peter1502" <p..._at_brosi.com> wrote:
> Hallo
>
> i hava a Problem with a linked server.
> i have a oracle 9.2.0.6 Database which is connected to SQLServer 2000
> SP4 as a linked server.
> MDAC 2.8
> if i want to make a query with OPENquery it works fine
> if i want to make a query with the 4 part names i got a fault
>
> Server: Nachr.-Nr. 7356, Schweregrad 16, Status 1, Zeile 1
> Der OLE DB-Provider 'MSDAORA' hat inkonsistente Metadaten für eine
> Spalte übergeben. Die Metadateninformationen wurden zur
> Ausführungszeit geändert.
> OLE DB-Fehlertrace [Non-interface error: Column 'IK' (compile-time
> ordinal 1) of object '"INFOR"."RELFB"' was reported to have a DBTYPE of
> 130 at compile time and 5 at run time].
>
> In the oracledatabase is the column IK a Number field with no limit in
> length and scale
>
> what is the solution for the Problem.
>
> The Database is created from our ERP-System. Is it possible to solute
> the Problem without changing datatype in the Oracletable ?
>
> please help me
>
> best wishes
>
> Peter Brosi

Peter, you should probably post this to the SQL Server newsgroup rather than Oracle. I do not recognize the numeric type values but you might try casting the variable in your select statement and see if that gets around the flaw in the driver. If you ar using the MS provided driver you might also try Oracle's instead.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Mon Oct 23 2006 - 15:48:52 CDT