Re: serializable isolation level behavior question

From: HansF <Fuzzy.Greybeard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 18:16:23 GMT

On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 09:51:51 -0700, hasta_l3 wrote:

> HansF wrote :
>

>> On Sat, 21 Oct 2006 22:47:55 -0700, hasta_l3 wrote:
>>
>> > We are discussing whether an error should be reported by Oracle.
>>
>> Why is this even being discussed any more?
>>

> Because I am having a friendly talk with Bob, trying to understand
> his point of view, and learning some stuff in the process.
>
> That's what a discussion system is for, isn't-it ? :-)

Two points here:

  1. whether this should be opened as a SR. If that is the objective, it should have been opened a long time ago - and that is what my comment is about;
  2. a general discussion on whether the action is correct, or acceptable, or unreasonable, or ... - from that view, I am watching this one as well.

To often I've seen people dither around for days before opening a SR. After a point (usually 2 hours, IMO) dithering amounts to a total waste of tme and energy.

Even in this case, a SR should have been opened so we could get an official response or reference rather than go around in these theoretical circles.

--
Hans Forbrich   (mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com)
*** Feel free to correct me when I'm wrong!