Re: serializable isolation level behavior question

From: Laurenz Albe <invite_at_spam.to.invalid>
Date: 23 Oct 2006 08:39:31 GMT

DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org> wrote:
> I would question the reason for would allowing two different isolation
> levels within a single application. What is the business case?

This is a theoretical discussion about standard compliance, at least the way I'd like to have it.
It does not need a business case.

If you like to argue that one should not care about standard compliance as long as there are no 'business cases', I'm not willing to follow you there :^)

I think that everybody agrees that the 'business impact' of Oracle being unable to serialize correctly is limited.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe Received on Mon Oct 23 2006 - 03:39:31 CDT