Re: What Kind of People go to OOW really ?

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 22 Oct 2006 17:15:14 -0700

klabu wrote:
> Just curious, any NON-SELF-EMPLOYEED or Consultants here go to OOW at OWN
> expense ?
> I'm wondering if it's worth the money.
>
> I've never been to one myself and my "impression" is that 90% there are
> "management", salaried people
> whose companies pay for he whole thing.

There's all types really.

While it is more of a marketing event than a heavy technical conference there is a good mixture of DBA's and senior developers here besides the management types and the suits.

Lots of accents and languages here with large amounts of European ( lots of german heard ) and Asian-Pacific people. Lots of English and Australian also.

I would guess that most people do have their company paying the bill ( quite pricey if not ) but there are certainly some people paying their own way. Received on Sun Oct 22 2006 - 19:15:14 CDT