Re: What Kind of People go to OOW really ?

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 13:31:04 -0700

klabu wrote:
> Just curious, any NON-SELF-EMPLOYEED or Consultants here go to OOW at OWN
> expense ?
> I'm wondering if it's worth the money.
>
> I've never been to one myself and my "impression" is that 90% there are
> "management", salaried people
> whose companies pay for he whole thing.

Definitely worth the money ... depending on what it is you are going for?

For the vast majority of people Tom Kyte, Jonathan Lewis, and other well recognized industry experts don't show up in their home town giving presentations. This is an opportunity to hear them and learn. And, I would hope obviously, to hear from many experts with many different areas of Oracle-related expertise.

It is also an opportunity to visit the exhibitor booths and learn about vendors and technology that otherwise you would not be aware of.

And, provided you are not a total introvert, an opportunity to meet new friends and establish new relationships with others like yourself from all over the world.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington