Re: Ann: A web based tool for sql to cgi conversion

From: Semiconductor Recruiter <edaindia_at_gmail.com>
Date: 22 Oct 2006 10:39:52 -0700

Mladen Gogala wrote:
> On Sat, 21 Oct 2006 22:03:21 -0700, Semiconductor Recruiter wrote:
>
> > I have been working on a code generator to convert a .SQL script to
> > 1. html forms for data entry and editing
>
> This description is confidence instilling.
Malden,
I do not claim to be an expert on SQL. I know perl enough to automate my daily repetative tasks. I recently started using SQL on my website because I wanted to seperate the content from the presentation. I found myselves repeating the same set of code for different web applications. So I went ahead and wrote a script to convert the .sql script that I get from mysql workbench to a set of html forms and perl scripts. Since I was not able to find a similar tool on the web I thought it will be helpful to others and posted the announcement.

My other intention in posting this was to gain from the experience of those who have been involved into web design for a long time and could inform me about the needs they are experiencing today( feature requests) in working with perl and sql so that I could plan for those features and integrate them in the code generator Regards
AjayJ