Re: Turng oracle 10g automatic staitistics collection job

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala.spam-me-not_at_verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 01:30:22 GMT

On Fri, 20 Oct 2006 08:17:34 -0700, wagen123 wrote:

> What problem? Could you share this info Please?

I can. Oracle doesn't necessarily collect all the needed histograms. When it does collect them, they're not always properly sized. I collect histograms with the option "FOR ALL INDEXED COLUMNS SIZE 250". Also, GATHER_STATS_JOB runs far too frequently for me. I collect my statistics monthly, not daily. Unless something changes drastically, there is no need for collecting statistics on a daily basis.

--
http://www.mladen-gogala.com