ORA-01461: can bind a LONG value only for insert into a LONG column

From: <simian.subversive_at_gmail.com>
Date: 20 Oct 2006 10:15:17 -0700

I am using Baltimore CAO to log into an oracle database, and I get this error. The only opinion i've heard is that it's a java problem. I had java 1.5 installed, then installed Oracle 8i client for windows, which installs java 1.1.7 (why won't java 1.5 do what 1.1.7 does?) so i have 2 JREs installed, registry shows current version is 1.1, but I get this error when trying to log in. Any ideas? Received on Fri Oct 20 2006 - 12:15:17 CDT