Re: Collaboration Suite Calendar - where is the data - remote access

From: <jrl_at_amorvine.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 11:38:35 -0700

On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 10:01:25 -0700, DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org> wrote:

>nineminus2_at_gmail.com wrote:
>> I know SQL pretty well but have never used Oracle. I'm trying to pull
>> calendar data from Oracle Collaboration Suite Calendar and have setup
>> an ODBC connection to the Oracle Database (I'm developing with
>> ColdFusion). I can't seem to find the calendar data however - and have
>> no idea what to query to get to it. I've looked at Oracles SOAP
>> instructions but I'm not familiar with SOAP at all and my weak attempts
>> have proved fruitless. If anyone has any suggestions/thoughts/ideas,
>> they would be most appreciated!
>>
>> I just want to display Oracle calendar info integrated into our
>> website.
>>
>> Dylan
>> UCSD School of Medicine
>
>You've a research project on your hands.
>
>SELECT table_name
>FROM user_tables;
>
>SELECT table_name
>FROM user_tables
>WHERE table_name LIKE '%<some_value_in_upper_case>%';
>
>SELECT column_name
>FROM user_tab_columns
>WHERE table_name LIKE '%<some_value_in_upper_case>%';
>
>Feel free to contact me at the University of Washington
>if I can help.

Bad news, you have probably figured it out already but Orace Calendar is not yet properly integrated into the Oracle database. It still uses external datafiles. This is a symptom of it being a bought in bolt on product! Of course the database WILL map external files, you just have to figure our what those mappings are! Received on Thu Oct 19 2006 - 13:38:35 CDT