Re: Oracle Collaboration Suite

From: <steve_at_castle.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 09:46:13 -0700

Yeah, depends what you are trying to do really, if you are trying to recruit, forget it, probably only 20 or so OCS DBA's in the country. If you want to buy in consultancy you can pay the earth at Oracle, or go to one of the partner firms. We spent quite a bit of time hunting for the right ones, and after a very bad and costly experience with one of the so called 'Advantage Partners' we landed on a small but really talented bunch called Amorvine Global. http://www.amorvine.com they cost half of the other players and had us up and running in two weeks! They are techies through and through, MD is a techie (Howard Bell) We were so impressed we have bought their outsourcing service.

Apart from needing one or two patches from Oracle for OCS bugs,this has been a rock solid platform. We are using it 24x7 round the world ad it just does what it says on the tin, pretty much everything :)

Hope this helps you.
Steve