Re: Is this SQL transformation possible...?

From: <mccmx_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 19 Oct 2006 02:27:57 -0700

> The lines
>
> > WHERE ps_tl_rptd_time.st_instance = 587241
>
> on the INNER query is rather counter-intuitive, and
> possibly the reason for the plan you get. Code like
> the following is easier to interpret, and may give you
> the plan you want -:

I agree, and my feeling is that this is a bug. If I move that WHERE clause to the outer query, is the SQL functionally exactly the same..?

> Is it possible that this then leaves you with a missing
> b.st_instance = ps_tl_rptd_time.st_instance
> in the subquery ?

No, the Key is (TRC,EFFDT), so moving the ST_INSTANCE to the outer query won't impact the access method for the inner table.

Thanks for your time.

Matt Received on Thu Oct 19 2006 - 04:27:57 CDT