Re: Is this SQL transformation possible...?

From: Steve Howard <stevedhoward_at_gmail.com>
Date: 18 Oct 2006 13:02:13 -0700

mccmx_at_hotmail.com wrote:
> The provided plan is from DBMS_XPLAN but I cut out sections to make it
> readable. The format didn't disaply correcty in this newsgroup.
>

> Matt

Hi Matt,

Actually, the "real" one would be useful, as it's hard to tell why the optimizer took a certain route. A full explain will show the row counts and time estimates for each step that it used to come up with its plan. Go ahead and post it, and someone can format it if need be to see why it took a certain route.

I will sat that I can't see any advantage (and evidently there are drawbacks) to not putting it in the outer query...

UPDATE ***ps_tl_rptd_time***
  SET reported_status = 'NA'
  WHERE EXISTS (SELECT 'X'

                  FROM ***ps_tl_trc_tbl*** b
                  WHERE ***ps_tl_rptd_time.st_instance = 587241***

Regards,

Steve Received on Wed Oct 18 2006 - 15:02:13 CDT