What is needed to specify Oracle instance

From: Barry Bulsara <bbulsara23_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 18 Oct 2006 12:02:44 -0700

Hello, I am helping to produce an internal report about the performance of some SQL queries and how they can be improved. The DBA has cloned the production database on two identical (identical to each other and the production database server) computers in the company and we are comparing the response in seconds of the "old" SQL queries vs. the "new" for a small subset of the problem queries. This is the background and the final report is almost ready.

To specify the computer in the report it is easy, Sun V210, ram 16GB, dual ultrasparc IIIi, RAID whatever etc. I've got the details for the O/S too. But to fully specify the Oracle version I am not sure what I need to write.

On the list I have

  1. Oracle version
  2. Content of ora.init

Is this it? There's no RAC, each database has been created using standard DBCA install parameters where offered.

Thank you
Barry Received on Wed Oct 18 2006 - 14:02:44 CDT