Re: drop temp tablespace takes forever

From: maxim2k <maxim2k_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 17:42:41 +0200

On 10/18/06 5:02 PM, EdStevens wrote:
> did you remember to alter every user to make their temp tablespace the
> 'new' one while you drop and recreate the old one? That's a separate
> operation from simply making the new one the 'default'.

Nope, I didn't do that.

Is there a quick way to alter every user to use the new temporary tablespace?

Will the Oracle server complete the drop tablespace command (my SQL is still stuck waiting for completion) as soon as I update every user or should I force anything?

Thanks. Received on Wed Oct 18 2006 - 10:42:41 CDT