Re: Truncate command internal behavior

From: <harvinder76_at_gmail.com>
Date: 18 Oct 2006 06:57:49 -0700

Thanks for the responses.
"See bug 5177241 for some more info. Looks like Oracle is dancing around issues with CKPT/DBWR communication in 10g, the RO enqueue is used to syncronize that, which is probably where you are seeing fast object reuse waits"

We are using 10.2.0.2 and this bug was in 10.1 and suppose to be fixed in 10.2

I will open a Tar on this issue and let see what Oracle have to say about this truncate behavior.

Thanks
--Harvinder