Re: alter database suspend

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 18 Oct 2006 05:49:13 -0700

Volker Hetzer wrote:
> Hi!
> Can anyone tell me at which point the i/o activity gets suspended?
> For instance if a suspend happens
> - when only one out of three or four controlfiles has been written
> - ditto for redo mirrored redo logs
> - ARCn is in the middle of archiving a nice big 512MB redo log,
> will those writes be completed?

Maybe it would be more helpful if you give us some background.

Are you using suspend in some of your current processing? Do you have concerns about why it was developed and how it has been placed?

What environment?

I am aware that in some cases older documentation associated with broken mirror backups recommended implementing that functionality. I do believe that for most cases this type of coding is not required any longer.

I would hope that you don't have that type of coding in place and are doing backups ( non mirror ) outside of RMAN. Received on Wed Oct 18 2006 - 07:49:13 CDT