php_oci8.dll problem -- Oracle 8 + PHP 5 + (win)Apache

From: Janne Lepola <janne.lepola_at_hl-palvelut.fi>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 12:46:46 +0300

Hi

I'm running PHP 5.0.4 on Windows Apache and trying to upgrade PHP to run   on version 5.1.4 or 5.1.6

I installed new version of PHP to new directory (C:\PHP5\), then renamed old PHP-directory to PHP-backup , and finally renamed PHP5 directory to PHP. Then I manually changed new php.ini to look just like old php.ini was (mainly just uncommented OCI8 and GD2 extensions). After restarting Apache I got error stating:

"The procedure entry point OCILobRead2 could not be located in the dynamic link library OCI.dll"

I have tried the following:

Downgrading back to 5.0.4 (read: renaming 'PHP-backup' -directory to 'PHP') and restarting Apache gives flawless results.

I really need some directions here, since even after Googling and finding few similar messages from forums I haven't been able to find solution for this problem. Any ideas?