Re: Index Maintenance: Another Oracle Gem

From: Steve Howard <stevedhoward_at_gmail.com>
Date: 17 Oct 2006 12:40:58 -0700

Brian Peasland wrote:

> Daniel,
>
> I'm curious as to why you would build this utility. You, yourself, have
> been a proponent of *not* rebuilding indexes.
>
> I'm just wondering what your motivation was?!?!?! :)
>
> Cheers!
> Brian

That is a standard part of the software. Just selecting from dba_objects where object_name like 'DBMS%' will reveal a treasure trove of functionality.

Some time ago, I started (and have since quit, unfortunately) taking one a day and spending thirty minutes with to see where it may be useful. It would take a year probably to do them all.

Regards,

Steve Received on Tue Oct 17 2006 - 14:40:58 CDT