Re: Could Mark Townsend please comment on this question re: Standard Edition

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 20:22:03 +0100

hpuxrac wrote:
>> I still, though to be honest I don't have much hope, stay with my
>> original suggestion way back when that Oracle just take our money
>> (http://www.petitiononline.com/oraman/petition.html) namely

> What ever happened with the petition?  Any updates?
>

>> "We request that Oracle Corporation make all of its Enterprise Manager
>> management packs available to all of its customers at the same price,
>> regardless of the edition of the Oracle product that they have purchased."
>>
>> At the time Mark suggested that Oracle preferred to talk directly to
>> customers, presumably they have a much larger sample that suggests that
>> standard edition customers don't want to manage their databases
>> responsibly.

Mark responded directly on this group - though I didn't get a mail copy and so didn't respond in a timely fashion here.

http://tinyurl.com/ykavmc

Not especially what I'd want and I haven't actually seen any evidence of Oracle's position being what customers would like, but then I probably wouldn't.

--

Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA