data guard log_archive_dest_2 problem....

From: new_b_dba <paul.alsemgeest_at_gmail.com>
Date: 17 Oct 2006 06:43:44 -0700

Hello,

When I create a data guard configuration with the wizard, it puts a very long connect string in my log_archive_dest_2. (port, host, oracle_home etc.etc).
I don't like that! I'd like to have something like: log_archive_dest_2=service=STANDBY LGWR SYNC

But if I change it with alter system etc., it messes up and makes a log_archive_dest_3.
Afterwards, all get messed up.

How can you make the service name short, referring it to a tnsnames entry???

Please help, I'm stuck with this for some weeks now. In case you can find it, you can refer to a Metalink if there is a solution to be found. Received on Tue Oct 17 2006 - 08:43:44 CDT