Re: Disabling check constraints

From: Thomas Kellerer <TAAXADSCBIXW_at_spammotel.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 11:24:38 +0200

On 17.10.2006 10:32 Alex wrote:
> Thomas Kellerer ha scritto:
>

>> What about my suggestion about setting the constraints to
>> deferrable/initially deferred, so that they will be validated at the end
>> of the transaction?
>>
>> Thomas

> I'm using SQL*Plus... I tried it but returns the same error.
> I've read something about "begin work" & "commit work"... but don't
> works anyway.
>
> SQL> begin work;
> 2 SET CONSTRAINTS ALL DEFERRED;
> 3 update entity set id_entity=id_entity+10000;
> 4 commit work;
> 5 /
>
> What I have to write?

Your constraints have to be declared as deferrable upon creation (the default is NOT DEFERRABLE )

For details see:
http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96540/statements_104a.htm#2066962 and
http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96540/clauses3a.htm#998196

Thomas