How to handle varchar(4000) field containing carriage returns in reporting?

From: Sameer <dolpheen_at_gmail.com>
Date: 17 Oct 2006 01:37:26 -0700

Hello,
I am having a Oracle database, the data in tables of which is being stored using a web application. One of the fields of a table is having varchar(4000) datatype.
The data in this field is text which may contain carriage returns also. I have to create a report for this table. How to display this data properly in a report?
I tried few things:
Accessed the table using SQL Developer and pasted the query output in Excel.
As the text contains carriage returns, it is being spread into one or more rows.
How to handle this?
What is the proper way to create report for such data? Please help.
-Sameer Received on Tue Oct 17 2006 - 03:37:26 CDT