Re: newbie 2Ques- SQL procedure calling another proc and Select statement

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 18:29:58 -0700

BD wrote:

>> I know it isn't what you're talking about, but it does count. I am
>> inclined to look at an expert who, generally speaking, helps people,
>> with more appreciation then at someone who just engages in the flame wars.
>> In other words, I believe that Sybrand has earned the right to his
>> attitude.

> I'll re-post a quote from Sybrand:
>
> "I assume it is because you are evidently Asian, you are acting so rude
>
> - you address someone by his last name only, which is considered not
> done in almost all civilized countries."
>
> So under most circumstances I would be happy to agree with you. But you
> know, some acts, and some words, *trump* all else.

I would suggest to all that cultural differences, and incompatibilities, run in all directions.

A little more tolerance for cultural differences, by all, will lower the hostility level here and who knows. It might just rub off on the other billion plus inhabitants of this planet.

Is it proper to wear white or black to a wedding? Depends on the country. Is it proper to address someone by their family name? Depends on the country.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington