Re: Is this JOIN good ?

From: klabu <nosuchuser_at_gmail_dot_com>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 11:40:10 -0400

"DA Morgan"
> Based upon what you posted I would say that it is impossible to tell.
> Is a.fk the child of c.pk? I don't know.
> Is b.fk the child of c.pk? I don't know.
> And even if they are ... it is impossible to know if these single
> relationships are sufficient to avoid a Cartesian product.
> --

thanks
Yes, assuming they are of 100% referential integrity there, 100% "Children <==> Parent" relationship
So given this it is still
"impossible to know if these single relationships are sufficient to avoid a Cartesian product." ?

What additional info do you need to know to say "JOIN is complete" ?

thanks
10gR2 Received on Mon Oct 16 2006 - 10:40:10 CDT