Disabling check constraints

From: Alex <alexadri83_at_virgilio.it>
Date: 16 Oct 2006 05:55:04 -0700

Hi all,
I want to be able to disable constraints, perform a number of updates, then re-enabling the constraints. I need to do this because some of the updates in a batch will break constraints rule during the batch but by the end everything should be consistent.

I have to do it on an Oracle db and a SqlServer db, with SqlServer I currently have used this script:

exec sp_MSforeachtable 'alter table ? nocheck constraint all'; ...updates...
exec sp_MSforeachtable 'alter table ? check constraint all';

I'm looking for something like that which works with Oracle.

Thanks in advance Received on Mon Oct 16 2006 - 07:55:04 CDT