Re: A Real Stinker to Solve - EXPERTS APPLY WITHIN (DB Crashing)

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 13 Oct 2006 11:59:46 -0700

Johne_uk wrote:
> > Of course, MAXFILES is an hp-ux thing, a soft limit on the number of
> > files a process may have open. I think the equivalent on solaris is
> > rlim_fd_cur, but that defaults to a much higher number. Do you have
> > thousands of data files? Or thousands of connections to the db? Or
> > thousands of weblogic connections after a couple of days? Or some
> > bizarro utility that looks at files and forgets to close them?
> >

> Hi,
>
> The rlim_fd_cur param is not specified in /etc/system and uses the
> system defaults.
>
> Our unix guy specified added the following line in the .profile of the
> oracle user. He says its the same as changing /etc/system.
>
> ulimit -n 4096

Unless you have a startup script that does an su oracle instead of su - oracle... and the question of 4090 weblogic connections after two days remains regardless. Perhaps you have some utility that says how many files each of ps -ef|grep ora_ has open.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
"You may not use the software installed on the licensed device within a