Installing CS applications - Calendar Server Config failing

From: james <james_at_com.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 19:48:22 +0100

Hello,

I'm trying to install the Oracle Collaboration suite (v10G). The Infrastructure side went on OK (I assume!) however I am having problems with the application part. Originally the connection to OIS failed, but I re-installed the Infrastructure bit on a different port (3899 instead of 389) and the setup process continued on OK - I guess the W2k AD stuff was hogging port 389?

Anyway, I'm now at the step where it is running Configuration Assistants, and the Calendar Server Configuration Assistant fails. Log stuff below...

I'll admit now I know very little about all this - we are trying to install it simply to evaluate whether it will work with a couple of Outlook add-ins we have on behalf of a customer so I'm not worried about making it install 100% "properly", but I do need it working! I'm using a 2000 server built in vmware configured as an AD DC for it's own "test" domain.

Any pointers appreciated

Output generated from configuration assistant "Calendar Server Configuration Assistant for Windows" (attempt 5):
Time zone selected: GMT0BST.
Warning: Existing node(s) found in unison.ini. Using node 2000test,unidas for configuration tasks.

Current State for Instance:orcl_asi.2000test.test.local

    Component Type Up Status In Sync Status

1   HTTP_Server             HTTP_Server   Up            True
2   OC4J_Content            OC4J          Up            True
3   OC4J_Mail               OC4J          Up            True
4   OC4J_OCSADMIN           OC4J          Up            True
5   OC4J_OCSClient          OC4J         Up            True
6   OC4J_Portal             OC4J          Up            True
7   OC4J_RM                 OC4J          Down          True(Disabled)
8   OC4J_Wireless           OC4J          Up            True
9   OC4J_imeeting           OC4J          Up            True
10  Service_Component_Cont  OC4J          partially up  True
11  home                    OC4J          Up            True

Warning: more than one process-type Element in the snippet. only the 1st one is appended
Error: can not append, there is a same named process type element in the exisitng ias-instance.ias-component

Error: Could not configure OPMN module information. java.io.IOException: D:\product\10.1.2\ocs_2\jdk\bin\java returned 1  at
oracle.calendar.server.configuration.OCalConfig.runExternalProgram(Unknown Source)
 at
oracle.calendar.server.configuration.OCalConfig.runExternalProgram(Unknown Source)
 at oracle.calendar.server.configuration.OCalConfig.configureOPMN(Unknown Source)
 at oracle.calendar.server.configuration.OCalConfig.run(Unknown Source)  at oracle.calendar.server.configuration.OCalConfig.main(Unknown Source)

0 [main] ERROR emSDK.config -
oracle.sysman.emSDK.conf.TargetAdditionException: Target[oracle_calendar_ocal,orcl_asi.2000test.test.local_Calendar Server] already present in D:\product\10.1.2\ocs_2\sysman\emd\targets.xml oracle.sysman.emSDK.conf.TargetAdditionException: Target[oracle_calendar_ocal,orcl_asi.2000test.test.local_Calendar Server] already present in D:\product\10.1.2\ocs_2\sysman\emd\targets.xml  at
oracle.sysman.emSDK.conf.TargetInstaller.addTargetInt(TargetInstaller.java:1148)  at
oracle.sysman.emSDK.conf.TargetInstaller.addTargetFromFile(TargetInstaller.java:1075)  at oracle.sysman.emSDK.conf.TargetInstaller.main(TargetInstaller.java:3669)

Warning: ocad.conf already included in
D:\product\10.1.2\ocs_2\Apache\Apache\conf\oracle_apache.conf. Target[oracle_calendar_ocal,orcl_asi.2000test.test.local_Calendar Server] already present in D:\product\10.1.2\ocs_2\sysman\emd\targets.xml

Error: java.io.IOException: D:\product\10.1.2\ocs_2\jdk\bin\java returned 1: Registration of ocal_targets.xml into targets.xml failed.

unistart: Oracle Calendar Server 10.1.2.2.0
unistart: Copyright (c) 1993, 2005, Oracle.
unistart: All rights reserved.
unistart:

unistart [error]: The server's configuration is incorrect. unistart [error]: Please check D:\product\10.1.2\ocs_2\ocal\log\unistart.log for more informations

Error: Exception occurred when running unistart: java.io.IOException: D:\product\10.1.2\ocs_2\ocal\bin\unistart returned 1. Fatal Exception caught : java.lang.Exception: java.io.IOException: D:\product\10.1.2\ocs_2\ocal\bin\unistart returned 1 opmnctl: stopping opmn managed processes...

opmn id=2000test:6201

    no processes matched this request

Configuration assistant "Calendar Server Configuration Assistant for Windows" failed Received on Thu Oct 12 2006 - 13:48:22 CDT