Re: degrade database patch

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 09:19:00 -0700

peter wrote:
> hi DBAs,
>
> I upgraded my database 9.2.0.4 to 9.2.0.6 but I am facing performance
> problem, now can I degrade my database without backup or I must use it.
>
> Thank You

This is wholly insufficient information from which to formulate a response.

  1. Platform and operating system?
  2. Edition?
  3. What DML? All of it? Specific statements?
  4. Have you compared explain plan before and after?
  5. Have you compared traces before and after?
  6. Have you compared stats packs before and after?
  7. What is different?
  8. By how much?
  9. How current are statistics collected with DBMS_STATS?
  10. Have you run statistics on dictionary tables? -- Daniel A. Morgan University of Washington damorgan_at_x.washington.edu (replace x with u to respond) Puget Sound Oracle Users Group www.psoug.org