Re: Times do not add up in 10046 trace file

From: Steve Howard <stevedhoward_at_gmail.com>
Date: 12 Oct 2006 08:53:34 -0700

mccmx_at_hotmail.com wrote:

> > The log file sync may have been in-process at the start of the 113.84
> > interval ... just a thought ...
>
> Its a fair point, but this two tier batch process enables a 10046 trace
> right at the start of the process so the trace file should include
> everything that that session waits for.
>
> Cheers
>
> Matt

Did you ever end up running it through orarsp? I wrote a trace parser a while back that printed statements in execution order, and the elapsed time between each. It has proven to be very useful to me for this kind of thing, but wouldn't be of use to you in this specific case. I would be curious to see what you get from something like orarsp. I can say that I have always seen aberrations in the timings, but never anything as large as the disparity you are seeing.

Regards,

Steve Received on Thu Oct 12 2006 - 10:53:34 CDT