Re: Could Mark Townsend please comment on this question re: Standard Edition

From: Fuzzy <fuzzy.greybeard_at_gmail.com>
Date: 11 Oct 2006 21:35:09 -0700

Mark Townsend wrote:

> Is there still an outstanding question here ?

I think there are several questions implied:

When installing Oracle Database 10g (Personal, Enterprise or Standard Edition) ... how does one ensure the EM Packs are turned off (and stay off) to avoid ligitation?

What tests, at the database level, can be performed to determine whether one has any of the packs turned on or in use?

The OEM 'Setup' page allows us to turn off the packs, but it is unclear whether that is system-wide or only for the current user. And that requires access to OEM, whereas the packs include advisors that actually are database packages that do not require access to OEM.

Oracle does a fair job of telling us we need to pay for the packs if we want to use them. And they give us an 'overview of the features' in several places. But so far, I have not seen an actual document that states how we can definitively (and legally) ensure we are not in violation. Received on Wed Oct 11 2006 - 23:35:09 CDT