Role not found in ROLE_SYS_PRIVS and ROLE_TAB_PRIVS

From: <chip_ling_at_yahoo.ca>
Date: 11 Oct 2006 11:15:47 -0700

Dear all,

I am trying to support an existing 9i database but I have something I do not understand.

I found a role that used by most of the users from the dba_role, dba_role_privs and user$ tables.

However, I failed to find out what system privileges and table privileges granted to the role. I tried to check the role_sys_privs and role_tab_privs, but I could not find the role entry.

I did a small test on the test environment by creating a new role, create a new user and then grant the role to the user. In that way, I can find all the relationship via the role_sys_privs and role_tab_privs.

Here is what I did:

CREATE ROLE GENERAL_USER_ROLE;
GRANT CREATE SESSION TO GENERAL_USER_ROLE; GRANT SELECT ON APP1.TABLE1 TO GENERAL_USER_ROLE; GRANT SELECT ON APP1.VIEW1 TO GENERAL_USER_ROLE; GRANT EXECUTE ON TVIEW.PROC1 TO GENERAL_USER_ROLE; CREATE USER SAM IDENTIFIED BY SAM DEFAULT TABLESPACE DATA TEMPORARY TABLESPACE TEMP; GRANT GENERAL_USER_ROLE TO SAM; So I think the DBA before me must be using other way to create the role and/or grant the table privileges to the role. Any suggestion?

Rgds,
Chip Received on Wed Oct 11 2006 - 13:15:47 CDT