Re: A Real Stinker to Solve - EXPERTS APPLY WITHIN (DB Crashing)

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_nospam.peasland.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 18:06:18 GMT

Obviously, LGWR is crashing, but why....????...

The first thing I'd do is to check for any initialization parameters that affect LGWR. I'm going to assume that you are not setting any undocumented parameters. Make sure your other parms are in line with what they should be.

The next thing I'd do is to apply the 9.2.0.8 patchset. This will probably not fix your problem, but you won't get much farther with Oracle Support until you do apply it.

After that, I'd ask for my SR to be escalated. And I'd be talking with my Oracle rep about Support's unwillingness to dig into the issue further.

Cheers,
Brian

Brian Peasland
dba_at_nospam.peasland.net