AIX Unix box for Oracle.

From: TB <chessgame_at_gmail.com>
Date: 11 Oct 2006 10:31:26 -0700

I am looking for some input on an AIX box for Oracle. What I have now is a p615 with single 1.2 GHz processor and 3 GB of RAM running AIX 5.2 and Oracle 8.1.7 (old, I know) with a 30GB dB. Fairly low usage.

I'm looking at getting a DR server. What I would like to do is get a slightly better server to use as my production box and make the p615 my DR box. Anyway, I was wondering what people are using for Oracle servers on the low end? Is anyone running Oracle on a p520?

I am not an Oracle DBA, so keep that in mind when asking me to clarify any Oracle questions.

Thanks for any input you can give me. Received on Wed Oct 11 2006 - 12:31:26 CDT