Re: High CPU usage

From: shiva <sshivayogi_at_gmail.com>
Date: 11 Oct 2006 07:38:04 -0700

> Did you test the performance of your applications into RAC before
> migrating?

We did load tests but admit not with same application.

> Is the "cpu utilization" showing up in IO wait?
IO Wait is not significant. It raises up to 30% but comes down righ away. It doesn't stay there. On average it is about 5%.

> Which oracle processes exactly are using more cpu than they used to?
 Each client connection used to consume about 0.01% CPU before and there were about 80 connections. Now each connection is consuming about 0.25% CPU and there are about 1000 connections. We definately see more connections then we saw before. (PGA was set to 256MB before and now is set to 2GB)

> What happens to the cpu utilization if you temporarily turn off RAC (
> run on one node of the cluster ONLY with cluster_database set to false
> for the instance you are running )?

We haven't done this yet. Thanks for quick response. Received on Wed Oct 11 2006 - 09:38:04 CDT