Re: Missing archive

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 10 Oct 2006 15:58:06 -0700

astalavista wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When backuping the archives, I get, sometimes, the following error:
>
> Starting backup at 2006-10-09-16.31.03
> current log archived
> released channel: ch00
> released channel: ch01
> RMAN-00571: ===========================================================
> RMAN-00569: =============== ERROR MESSAGE STACK FOLLOWS ===============
> RMAN-00571: ===========================================================
> RMAN-03002: failure of backup command at 10/09/2006 16:31:16
> RMAN-06059: expected archived log not found, lost of archived log
> compromises re
> coverability
> ORA-19625: error identifying file
> /base/PROLINK/data/arch/archPROLINK1_26395.dbf
> ORA-27037: unable to obtain file status
> SVR4 Error: 2: No such file or directory
> Additional information: 3
>

> The script to backup is the following:
>
> run { archivelog all
> delete input ;
> }
>
> I wondered if I have to do:
> sql 'ALTER SYSTEM ARCHIVE LOG CURRENT'
> before taking the backup.

Probably a good idea.

> Can you help me ?
>
> TIA
6059, 1, "expected archived log not found, lost of archived log compromises recoverability"
// *Cause: The archived log was not found. The repository thinks it does
// exist. If the archived log has in fact been lost and there is
// no backup, then the database is no longer recoverable across

//          the point in time covered by the archived log.
//          This may occur because the archived log was removed by an
//          outside utility without updating the repository.
// *Action: If the archived log has been removed with an outside
utility
//          and the archivelog has already been backed up, then you can
//          synchronize the repository by running CROSSCHECK ARCHIVELOG
ALL.
//          If the archivelog has not been previously backed up, then
you
//          should take a full backup of the database and archivelogs
//          preserve recoverability. Previous backups are not fully
//          recoverable.

Personally, I've found it very useful to not delete them right when backing them up, but some time later. Redundancy in defense of recoverability is no vice.

Then again, I use cron and nocatalog.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.