Re: VIRTUAL PRIVATE DATABASE

From: Lothar Armbrüster <lothar.armbruester_at_t-online.de>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 18:46:45 +0200

"zamba" <CRISTIAN_FERRERO_at_HOTMAIL.COM> writes:

> thanks for your appreciation, the fact is that the model has at least
> over than 1000 entities, so i'm trying to understand if VPD can help
> me. I read the article , but the it doesn 't say anithing about having
> or not the field in all entities. That is my problem, how can VPD
> "filter" any table if i don't have the field "company" (for example) in
> it.
> Tks

VPD works by adding additional where clauses to every SQL the accesses protected tables. So if you don't have a column to filter after, this table cannot be filtered.
I can imagine having common data across all companies like data on countries, states, cities and so on. So these tables won't need any VPD policies.
Of course, every table that holds private data for any company needs some column to filter.

Hope that helps,
Lothar

--
Lothar Armbrüster  | lothar.armbruester_at_t-online.de
Hauptstr. 26       |