exporting characters from utf8 database to greek

From: <sasfatu_at_gmx.de>
Date: 10 Oct 2006 08:24:45 -0700

Hi,
one of our customer has a problem regarding an export of characters from a oracle 8i database.
The export is ascii based, which means that values for the db will be directly written to a .txt file.

In poland one of our customer is fine with the settings in order to export polish characters.
In greece however this is not the case.
As much as I understood so far is, that it has something to do with the following settings
In windows registry
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE\HOME0\NLS_LANG in Oracle
NLS_NCHAR_CHARACTERSET
and
NLS_CHARACTERSET However I am not sure how to set those values correctly in order to store greek characters and in
order to export them correctly.
Present settings are
Win-Registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE\HOME0\NLS_LANG=GREEK_GREECE.EL8MSWIN1253 Oracle:
NLS_NCHAR_CHARACTERSET=UTF8
NLS_CHARACTERSET=UTF8
Does anbody know how the correct settings should be? Thanks
Poncho Received on Tue Oct 10 2006 - 10:24:45 CDT