getting started with enterprise users

From: EdStevens <quetico_man_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 10 Oct 2006 07:12:17 -0700

I'm starting to read up on use of enterprise users. A few days ago I posted, looking for the document "Oracle Internet Directory Administrator's Guide" and received a pointer to a .pdf copy that continually referenced Oracle 8. Was good for bringing a few things into focus (I really didn't even know what LDAP was), but I'm still at the point of drowning in to much data without enough frame of reference to make practical sense of most of it.

Maybe I need to start from a different direction.

If you were in my position, where would you start reading? What do I need to be looking at to install/configure before I start defining enterprise users and enterprise roles?

I should be able to set up some test systems on Solaris, with Oracle 10.2 rdbms.

Thanks. Received on Tue Oct 10 2006 - 09:12:17 CDT