Re: Not able to export from OMS in oracle9i

From: sybrandb <sybrandb_at_gmail.com>
Date: 10 Oct 2006 05:10:20 -0700

On Oct 10, 1:51 pm, pawa..._at_gmail.com wrote:
> Hello all
> I configured OMS and able to login to Oracle enterprise manager with
> OMS option. after logging into enterprise manager, I connect to the
> database with the user "SYSTEM". Then i try to export a table then it
> gives the following error:
> The wizard could not be launched because the preferred credentials for
> node inhywoceana.ssainternal.net are either not set or are invalid. TO
> set this information, select preferences fromt eh configuration menu of
> the enterprise manager console then use the preferred credentials tab
> of the preferences dialog.
>
> could someone help me to solve this problem please.
> thanks in advance.
>
> Regards
> Pavan

I would say the message is *quite* explicit. Did you tried to find the Preferred Credentials window, or did you suffer from an attack of acute RSI?
Other than that: AGAIN no platform and no version! When will you start to include that?
This forum doesn't keep track of the versions and platform everyone is using, so you risk being ignored.
On Windows, one would need to -documented- set the 'logon as batch job privilege' for the (Windows) user specified in the preferred credentials, or it won't work.

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA