Re: .dml/.ddl script files

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 9 Oct 2006 14:05:16 -0700

fireball wrote:
> is that proper, to give '.dml' and '.ddl' extention to script filenames?
>
> I wish to call those scripts from single '.sql' script, for example like
> below:
> @@ my_schema.ddl
> @@ my_schema.sql
> @@ my_schema.dml
>

> thx4hlp

It depends whether you are working on a system that ascribes meaning to the extension. And even on systems that don't, you never know when .dml might mean something other than a SQL script...

$ find / -name "*.dml" 2>/dev/null|wc -l 7537

Especially troubling when you install something new and it conflicts with your local standards.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/tech/20061009-1326-ca-youtube-deals.html