sqlplus: Help with Spooling (path and file questions)

From: Greg <esabens_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 9 Oct 2006 07:46:37 -0700

Good morning. I'm new to sqlplus (and Oracle for that matter - but loving it!). I'm trying to figure out how to create path and filename for the spool command in sqlplus. Here's what I'm trying:

column date_column new_value today
SELECT 'm:\home\Big Share\Uploads\2006
Fall\'||to_char(sysdate,'yymmdd')||'.txt' date_column FROM dual; spool &today

I'm getting a message that says it is illegal. I've tried double-quotes and even no quotes. I'm not sure how to make this work.

One other question, how can you make is so that the .lst is not appended to the filename? I also want to say to a file without an extension.

I'm using Oracle 9i on a WinXP workstation.

Thank you very much in advance!!!
Greg Received on Mon Oct 09 2006 - 09:46:37 CDT