Oracle Internet Directory: Extended Operation Plugin

From: suprita <suprita_at_gmail.com>
Date: 9 Oct 2006 03:44:36 -0700

Hi All,
I have come across a peculiar situation and need help in solving this problem.
Whenever any existing user is modified with a new password, then I need to store a particular String in an attribute of the same entry which is being dealt with.
I thought of two ways to do this (please tell me if you know any other way) :
1. Implement a post modify plugin. Modify the entry using LDAP_Modify function. (This is causing the OID to hang, as it becomes a recursive operation. and stops only when all resources are exhausted.). Because of the problem this approach is ruled out. 2. Another way, I can think of is to implement and extended operation plugin for OID. This extended opeartion plugin which contain a function to store the string in any entry which will be passed to the function as input parameter. And after each modify operation (through a post-modify plugin), I will call the extended operation plugin. But, I have not come across any document which clearly specifies the steps for creation of extended operation plugin for Oracle Internet Directory.
Can anyone help me?
Please let me know in case you have any better ideas to solve the problem.
Thanks a lot,

~Suprita Received on Mon Oct 09 2006 - 05:44:36 CDT