Error Creating simple stored procedure stub

From: Malachy O'Connor <malachyoconnor2_at_o2.ie>
Date: 9 Oct 2006 01:52:52 -0700

Hi guys,

This is a real basic question so my apologies if i am posting to the incorrect group.

When I try and create the following sp:

/***********************************************************

** Procedure: AddTestEvent
**

BEGIN
    INSERT INTO tempTable(tmpID)
    VALUES (1);
END AddTestEvent;

I get the following error:

LINE/COL 	ERROR
3/35 	PLS-00103: Encountered the symbol "(" when expecting one of the f
ollowing: := . ) , @ % default character The symbol ":=" was substituted for "(" to continue.

This is driving me insane. I've come from a SQL Server background so i'm probably doing something really stupid but i can see no reason why the procedure above wont work.

Any help would be greatly apriciated.

Malachy Received on Mon Oct 09 2006 - 03:52:52 CDT