Re: Row in USER_INDEXES table not deleted when constraint is dropped

From: HansF <Fuzzy.Greybeard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2006 00:16:14 GMT

On Sat, 07 Oct 2006 15:48:56 -0700, DA Morgan wrote:

> HansF wrote:
>

>> I do note that ind$'s 'property' column has a mask value of 0x1000 that
>> interprets as "Index was created by a constraint".  From a quick glance at
>> the catalog definition, it appears that Oracle does not expose that
>> specific property to us.

> That seems to be it though I can not find 4097 in sql.bsq.

Search for the string

         immutable flags for life of the index

or simply look for

        create table ind$

and scroll to the defintion of the property column.

I'm using XE's SQL.BSQ on Linux. Line 1341 creates the property column for the IND$ table and line 1354 provides the interpretation of the mask as a comment. They specifically use the hex representation, so don't convert to base-10 when you search.

--
Hans Forbrich   (mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com)
*** Feel free to correct me when I'm wrong!