Re: Row in USER_INDEXES table not deleted when constraint is dropped

From: HansF <Fuzzy.Greybeard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 07 Oct 2006 20:40:35 GMT

On Sat, 07 Oct 2006 10:21:28 -0700, DA Morgan wrote:

> That is not what I interpreted the OP to be asking. Here's the behavior
> I think is being referenced.

You are probably right.

My interpretation of the 'delete rule' was in error - in a hurry, I was thinking that it could mean 'cascade the delete of the constraint to the dependent objects such as indexes'. Five seconds thought would have caught that ... sigh!

I do note that ind$'s 'property' column has a mask value of 0x1000 that interprets as "Index was created by a constraint". From a quick glance at the catalog definition, it appears that Oracle does not expose that specific property to us.

--
Hans Forbrich   (mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com)
*** Feel free to correct me when I'm wrong!