Re: NO MORE TOP POSTING PROMISE - STRANGE ISSUE ON 10g

From: Doug Jones <dnetstore_at_gmail.com>
Date: 6 Oct 2006 10:09:04 -0700

sybrandb wrote:
> On Oct 6, 3:01 pm, "Doug Jones" <dnetst..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> > I recently completed my backup, restore and recovery to a new host on
> > 10g. When I had completed the restore process, I used the "Database
> > configuration assistant" to create the GUI interface (I believe that is
> > what I had to do after a command line creation of the GUI). Well now my
> > problem is that the GUI on the new host still points to the OLD host.
> > How can I correct this issue? What files specify what machine the GUI
> > is looking at? The URL is correct.
> >
> > Thank you
> >
> > Doug Jones
> >

> There should be an
> oemctl reconfigure
> command, which is obviously documented.
> You know, that is the source of information most people here rather
> avoid like hell, because it would require them to *learn* something.
> Most people rather rely on 'gurus', who, using minimal information from
> the OP, wave their golden wand, and look in their crystal ball and
> resolve the problem on the spot.
> No, there is no Gandalf the Grey here, so as I would need to look up
> this command, I would rather have you do it
>
> --
> Sybrand Bakker
> Senior Oracle DBA
>

> > Oracle 10g
> > windows 2003 server

Well as I am learning Oracle for the first time, all I want to know is if it is documented. If it is something someone has seen before and knows there is an answer, all you have to say is..... Seek and ye shall find.... It is better than asking and receiving. I don't want anyone to do my job for me, but rather point me to the place you would look for the information....

Thank you for your prompt response.

Doug Jones
"I am but the learner." Received on Fri Oct 06 2006 - 12:09:04 CDT