Generic user in web application and identification in database

From: jatix <jatix8_at_gmail.com>
Date: 6 Oct 2006 04:12:00 -0700

Hi,
We have got a web application, using J2EE. For presentation we use jsp, but we don't know wich will be the framework (struts, ADF, our own framewok, ...).
Customer has that decission. As server application we work with IAS 9.0.4 and as database Oracle 9i.

My question is about users. Customer DBA wants that every user application makes his own connection database, i.e. personal database users. He talks us, he needs know what user is doing each operation (select, update, insert,...) every time.

I want to use an unique connection database (generic user). I want to make a connection pool and I'm thinking that the only way is to use a generic user, because I have to define the pool in design time (user, password, max connections,...)

Customer DBA says that using this method, he always has the same user doing operations (generic user) when he sees database tables

May I give to DBA information about which user application is doing operations though I use a generic user database ?

EXAMPLE NOW Application connectDatabase Database audit tables

a_user_1 -->	user_www     	select, insert,... --> (user: user_www)
a_user_2 -->	user_www     	select, insert,... --> (user: user_www)

a_user_n --> user_www select, insert,... --> (user: user_www)

WHISHED Application connect Database Database audit tables

a_user_1 -->	user_www		select, insert, ... --> (user: a_user_1)
a_user_2 -->	user_www		select, insert, ... --> (user: a_user_2)

a_user_n --> user_www select, insert, ... --> (user: a_user_3)

Regards. Received on Fri Oct 06 2006 - 06:12:00 CDT