Re: Oracle database doing work not to asked for

From: Dusan Bolek <spambin_at_seznam.cz>
Date: 5 Oct 2006 23:24:22 -0700

DA Morgan wrote:
> Dusan Bolek wrote:
>
> > I know no method that can be used to look "at the actual SQL being sent
> > over the link".
> >
> > Dusan
>
> Can you get the session id? How about trace?

I already have traces both from the branch database (there is nothing similar to select * from ... statements) and the central database (these select * from ... are very frequent there). In the central database's trace I can see only PARSES no EXECs nor FETCHes, exactly as shown in STATSPACK report.

--
Dusan