Re: Connection timeout

From: <Kurt-Erich.Finger_at_hte-company.de>
Date: 4 Oct 2006 01:08:10 -0700

The timeout occurs when I don't use the connection for a longer time. (one or two hours). TOAD then kicks me out reporting an ORA-03113. Connecting to the database is not the problem. If the connection is idle for some hours I am kicked out.
According to our guy responsible for the network nothing was changed in the last months.

I think the problem occured after I followed some security advices from Oracle. I forgot which. I only know that together with some other updates Oracle supplied the program "checkpwd" together with a 17mbyte file of passwords to be checked.
I tried to find that document on metalink, but was not successfull.